What is intellectual property?
Intellectual property can be considered as the general term referring to commercially valuable creations of the mind. These creations include inventions, artwork, symbols, names, and designs. Intellectual property protection options include copyrights, trademarks, and patents. The appropriate protection option depends on the work itself. For example, a copyright may protect creative expression such as a painting, a book, or a jewelry design. A trademark may protect a word, logo, symbol, or design that identifies the creator of a product. A patent may protect new technological innovations.
What is a copyright?
In the Philippines, copyright is a form of protection grounded in the Section 172 of the IP Code for original works of authorship fixed in a tangible medium of expression. Copyright protects, for example, literary, dramatic, musical, and artistic works, such as paintings, sculptures, poetry, novels, movies, songs, computer software, and architecture. Copyright covers both published and unpublished works. With exception, copyright protection exists from the moment of creation and lasts until 70 years after the death of the creator.
How is a copyright different from a patent or a trademark?
In Philippines, copyright protects “original works of authorship,” while a patent protects inventions or discoveries. Copyright protects creative expression, whether that expression is in the form of, for example, a painting, a book, or a sculpture. A trademark protects words, phrases, symbols, or designs identifying the source of the goods or services of one party and distinguishing them from those of others.
OZTechBlock artworks and images usage and terms:
All of the images and products on this website are copyright of OZTechBlock.com unless otherwise credited. All rights are reserved, and no usage or reproduction of any type may be made of any image, works or designs by or copyright to OZTechBlock without the express permission of OZTechBlock or one of our accredited agents.
Any usage is made under the following terms and conditions, and the use of any image, work or design, whether authorized or not, indicates a complete and unconditional acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Any reproduction of our works or items such as products or images may only be made on payment of a license or usage fee. This license or usage fee must be agreed in advance and express permission granted before any reproduction.
- Only OZTechBlock has the right to prepare “derivative” works based on the previous works or designs that we own.
- Customers who purchase our products should not at any means attempt to distribute copies of our work or designs.
- OZTechBlock reserves the right to perform our works and designs publicly, in the case of, for example, promotional events.
- OZTechBlock reserves the right to display our works and designs publicly, in the case of, for example, product images.
- OZTechBlock.com logo is a trademark used by OZTechBlock to identify its goods or services.