The long wait is over and this time it’s for real as Pokémon GO silently became available in the Philippines’ mobile apps market on both the App Store and Play Store today. The Philippines is one of the 15 new countries and regions across Asia and Oceania that can now officially download Pokémon GO. Other countries and regions includes Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam, Taiwan, Papua New Guinea, Fiji, Solomon Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, and Palau.
The release comes with an update that features performance improvements in Pokémon details and list screens and correct link for app upgrade. Filipinos are now in frenzy about the highly anticipated game of the year which takes the Pokémon GO on the top of the Philippines’ social media trending list once again.
Pokémon GO is an augmented reality game from Nintendo with its efforts in making the title’s development into a whole new level. Developed by Niantic Labs and The Pokémon Company, the game now uses your smartphone camera and sensors along with the GPS to effectively create Pokémon characters in the real world with the use of augmented reality. In this manner, users will be required to wander around places to catch the creatures and train them. This also sets the opportunity for the users to meet other people to perform Pokémon trades and battle.
From Apple App Store release notes:
- Search far and wide for Pokémon and items
Certain Pokémon appear near their native environment—look for Water-type Pokémon by lakes and oceans. Visit PokéStops, found at interesting places like museums, art installations, historical markers, and monuments, to stock up on Poké Balls and helpful items.
- Catching, hatching, evolving, and more
As you level up, you’ll be able to catch more-powerful Pokémon to complete your Pokédex. You can add to your collection by hatching Pokémon Eggs based on the distances you walk. Help your Pokémon evolve by catching many of the same kind.
- Take on Gym battles and defend your Gym
As your Charmander evolves to Charmeleon and then Charizard, you can battle together to defeat a Gym and assign your Pokémon to defend it against all comers.
It’s time to get moving—your real-life adventures await!
- This app is free-to-play and offers in-game purchases. It is optimized for smartphones, not tablets.
- It is recommended to play while connected to a network in order to obtain accurate location information.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for devices without GPS capabilities or devices that are connected only to Wi-Fi networks
- Compatibility information may be changed at any time.
- Information current as of July 6, 2016
- Compatible with iPhone® 5/5c/5s/SE/6/6s/6 Plus/6s Plus devices with iOS Version 8 – 9 installed
- Not compatible with 5th generation iPod Touch devices or iPhone 4S or earlier iPhone devices.
- Please visit www.PokemonGO.com for additional compatibility information.
- Compatibility with tablet devices is not guaranteed.
- Compatibility is not guaranteed for all devices.
What’s New in Version 1.1.1
- Performance improvement in Pokémon details and list screens.
- Correct link for app upgrade.