Smart Communications, Inc. has rolled out a major update to its My Smart Account app for both the Android and iOS platforms. The latest update comes with a long list of functionality and interface enhancements to address most of the issues it has been facing since its major version alteration.
“My Smart is the simple, convenient and secure mobile companion for all your Smart Communications accounts. View your latest bills and balances, monitor your usage, access Smart services and customize your account settings – all in one app.” – Apple App Store release notes
If you happen to get the chance to personally use the app before, you would notice that during its major alteration, the app’s interface was a bit tedious and difficult to understand. I personally got a hard time understanding the app’s meaning itself. Considering that it only shows few controls to just let you edit your personal profile, check your registered sim card’s services, load balance and package offers, yet it’s ironic that it still fails to effectively perform each function’s main purpose.
As a consumer, getting an app from your service provider gives you an expectation that it will make everything easy when it comes to making inquiries and transactions about your service and subscription status. With My Smart Account app, it appears to be an appalling experience for the users. One issue is when the app shows you the available packages, yet you cannot instantly subscribe to the package that you desired. Another issue is the lack of single-sign-on functionality. This issue transpires every time you close the app and not use it for several minutes. The next time you launch the app, it will require the user to log in again which is kind of annoying.
But worry no more as Smart seems to be working its way out to squash some bugs on its mobile app. The app now receives a major user interface enhancement which makes it more easy to use and understand. The company also added features like the ability to see the information about all the packages you have currently subscribed aside from the load balance alone. With the support for Touch ID, users can now enjoy faster transaction when subscribing to the desired service package. Users now have the options to log in using Facebook, Google account or My Smart account. The app is now capable of single-sign-on which will not require you to login every time you leave the app.
From Apple App Store release notes:
What’s New in Version 4.0.0
– Enhanced UI.
– Log in using your Facebook or Google account.
– Auto detection of your mobile number with account balance viewing.
– Touch ID / Fingerprint recognition.
– Lock account security feature for invalid user ID/password attempt.
– Improved overview of default Smart account upon opening app.
– Alerts and notifications feature.
– View balance of your inclusions and packages
– Ability to update your My Smart profile.
– Request for change in billing address
– Change digital services (formerly app-ons)
– Request increase in credit limit
– Enroll to credit card auto-debit agreement
– ePins/Coupon Redemption (Smart Postpaid)
– Updated packages that can be sorted by category and viewed in a grid or list.
– Offline purchase of packages
– Activate/Deactivate Load Protect (Smart Bro Prepaid)
– Smart Perks loyalty points viewing, catalog and redemption.
– Help ticket for customer inquiries.
– Link to the Smartopedia help website.
– Inbox that displays My Smart account-related activities.
During the first few minutes I spent using the app, I can fairly say that Smart really addressed several fixes on their app to enhance its functionality and better user interface. The app now gains a neat and clean interface making it easier to use and encouragingly enough for the users to use it more often.
Have you tried using the My Smart Account app before? What are your thoughts with this latest update from Smart? Share with us in the comments section below.